How does one hold a double bass bow?
Michael Hopkin's String Pedagogy Notebook gives an interesting and easy-to-understand guide to holding the bow.
In particular, readers who are interested to learn how to hold the bow of the double bass, may like to visit the following pages from Michael Hopkin's String Pedagogy Notebook:
- Bow Hold
- Bow Hold Precursor Review
- Bow Hold Movie
- Bow Hold for Cello and Bass
- Common Problems for Cello and Bass Bow Hold
- Thumb Problems for Cello and Bass Bow Hold
- Double Bass German Bow Hold
- Conclusion on Bow Hold
Another helpful resource to refer to on this topic would be Dr. Mark Morton's Double Bass Technique: Concepts and Ideas.