Pages

Friday 13 April 2007

Nicholas Hart's post on the Mental Aspects of Double Bass Playing



While I was at Jason Heath's Double Bass Blog, I came across a noteworthy post titled Mental Aspects of Double Bass Playing written by Nicholas Hart, a double bassist from Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music.

Here's a quote from the post that I think summarises the essence of the article:

"Basically, when playing, we need to stay as positive as we possibly can. Say to yourself that I am going to play my best and whatever the result is will be just fine. If we can break down that barrier and just play the bass, we will be the best players we can be and as successful as we possibly can."


Read the complete post here: Mental Aspects of Double Bass Playing

**
Nicholas' post reminded me of the post Yes! on the blog, Hella Frisch. Do check out Yes! too

No comments: