Pages

Saturday 15 September 2007

15 Sep 07 at National Library Plaza



One of my favourite songs from Phantom of the Opera is "All I ask of you". I have some good memories watching this musical two years ago at Her Majesty's Theatre in London.

Later this afternoon, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., the NUS Symphony Orchestra will be performing selections of tunes from Phantom of the Opera at the National Library Plaza, along Victoria Street (nearest MRT station: Bugis), and it is free. Yours truly will be one of the members of the orchestra who will be playing.

Audience to the performance can expect to be treated to selections of tunes from Phantom of the Opera and King and I. If audience would like music that sounds seductive, I am sure that listening to selected movements from Bizet's Carmen Suite No. 1 and Carmen Suite No. 2 will be a pleasant treat.

My personal favourite is Gounod's Faust where I think the double bass parts are simple yet very effective. Faust is one work where the double bass may be playing seemingly easy parts, but it serves a very important role in providing the rhythmic foundation to the orchestra.

We will be having a technical rehearsal from 1.30 p.m. to 2.15 p.m. later this afternoon. I have not played at the National Library Plaza and I suppose it would be helpful to do a sound check before the performance.


Beyond Campus
Fantasie Passionée
By the NUS Symphony Orchestra
(a member of NUS Centre For the Arts)
15 September 2007 (Saturday), 3pm
National Library Plaza (Ground Floor)
100 Victoria Street
Singapore 188064
Free Admission



Her Majesty's Theatre, in London.


Also see: http://dbassists.blogspot.com/2007/08/fantasie-passione.html

No comments: