Sunday, 13 January 2008
"Are you intimidated by large orchestra concerts?
Or, have you had enough of radio that you now crave for some 'live' music?
Be treated to an array of bite-sized pieces from classical to contemporary, brought to you by the NUS Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensembles! We present you Miniatures, where you can see your favourite instruments of the orchestra take the centre-stage!
With a flute duet, an oboe quartet, a percussion ensemble and a bass ensemble among our string quartets, spend a lovely evening enjoying works from Mozart to Gershwin as we bring both the instruments and their players up-close and personal! "
ExxonMobil Campus Concerts
by NUS Symphony Orchestra
(a member of NUS Centre For the Arts)
23 January 2008, Wednesday, 8pm
University Cultural Centre Theatre
- Blues-Style by Tony Osborne (Double bass trio, Performed by d'Bassists)
- "American" String Quartet No. 12 in F, Op. 96, 1st Mvt, by Antonin Dvořák
- Andante et rondo for two flutes and a piano Op. 25, by Franz Doppler
- Por Una Cabeza – Tango, by Carlos Gardel
- Concertante for Violin, Viola, Mvt 2 & 3, by W. A. Mozart